I wanted to say thank you for the lovely shiny awards I recently received. I’m pretty sure H.A. Phillips gave me the Liebsterblog award for giving birth in the hospital doorway, and not for writing, but that’s okay. In fact, I suspect that if I check our bank account I’ll discover my husband wired money to him, but I don’t even care. It’s really that nice to have an award (even when received via entirely questionable means). Also, I am in awe of Heath and his comedic writing, and I’m already preparing my “I knew him when he first started blogging” speech. So, you really should check out his blog.
I also wanted to say thank you to Essa Alroc for the sunshine award. Her blog is absolutely hysterical, and I’m honored.
Lastly, I wanted to thank Jodi Ambrose for the reader appreciation award. I’m happy to both read her blog and to accept this award. So, it’s an all-around win!
Now, via the rules, I am supposed to do all sorts of complicated things. I’m supposed to jump through fire, spin in three circles, tell you
elevenseven random things about myself, and nominate twenty-two other people for three separate awards. Since all of this gets a bit complicated, I’m going to instead hand out awards randomly to people from my blogroll. Yep, nepotism at its finest. You may display it, not display it, spread it around, use it as a doorstop when hauling heavy furniture… There are no rules. Just keep up the great blogging!
http://fearnoweebles.wordpress.com-Sunshine Award- Madame Weebles frequently writes about hot dead people and obscure phobias. So, if nothing else, the sunshine award will give her a good laugh. Oh, but none of that should prevent you from reading her blog. It’s fascinating and funny!
http://nonstepmom.wordpress.com-Liebster Blog Award-This is a funny and clever blog. It’s about family, food, life, and almost always manages to reference pop culture, for better or worse…
http://shutupdad.wordpress.com-Sunshine Award-Andrew’s blog is hysterical. And once again, he will probably appreciate the sunshine award…
http://steeltowndelicious.com-Liebster Blog Award-Someday I will be 800 pounds thanks to this yummy food blog, but for now, it’s all good!
Eleven Seven things about myself:
1. When I sneeze, everyone in the tri-state area looks around in a panic.
2. I gave birth to my youngest child in the hospital doorway. (Surprise!)
3. I can ramble like nobody’s business, especially if the topic at hand involves food or shoes.
4. I wear orthopedic shoes. (Shut up. Mine are cuter than they sound.)
5. My three favorite movies are The Deer Hunter, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, and L.A. Confidential.
6. I spent the first twenty-five years of my life believing that seahorses were mythical creatures. Apparently, they are real.
7. I am far too lazy and boring to think up eleven interesting things.