Whenever I see signs that read “Keep New York Beautiful,” I snicker a little. This area of New York is fairly developed, and you have to go pretty far East or upstate before you encounter natural beauty.
In contrast, northern Pennsylvania, is just full of natural beauty. (As I had mentioned in another post, our family travels there semi-frequently.) However, the area is very rural, so when the weather is bad, there isn’t much to do. And the drive takes a minimum of three hours. Three hours isn’t bad, of course; it’s just frustrating when it takes six hours for a three-hour trip…
Mumbles something incoherent that sounds remarkably like cursing.
Anyway, with the rain last weekend, we were stuck indoors for the most part. Thankfully, I found this novelty pen at a convenience store, and this pen turned out to be endless entertainment. It’s a Notre Dame pen with a fighting Irishman. Every time you click him, he punches. And, in order to make full use of the pen, one should also say, “POW, POW, POW!” with every click. As it turns out, Mr. Lunchmeat finds said pen rather annoying, which makes for lots of bonus fun. So, I present to you…
How to Torture Your Husband on a Rainy Weekend:
10. Click novelty pen repeatedly, while saying, “POW, POW, POW!”
9. While telling your husband how bad he is at cheating at cards, click pen and say, “POW, POW, POW!” (Yes, I expect my Euchre partners to be good at cheating. Is that too much to ask?)
8. Encourage your three-year-old to repeatedly click the pen, while saying, “POW, POW, POW!” (We are clearly related, as she does this with flying colors.)
7. While filling out Sudoku puzzle, take ten minute breaks to click pen. “POW, POW, POW!” Return to Sudoku. Break to play with pen. Repeat.
6. Talk about awesome pen repeatedly.
5. Encourage your six-year-old to repeatedly click the pen, while saying, “POW, POW, POW!” (This also seems to come quite naturally to said six-year-old.)
4. Encourage your eight-year-old to repeatedly click the pen, while saying, “POW, POW, POW!” (Husband is appearing rather aggravated.)
3. Try to keep the pen on you at all times. “POW, POW, POW!”
2. Husband is appearing more and more annoyed. Be sure to take the pen everywhere, including the shower. Sleep with pen right next to you.
1. Wake up Monday morning to discover the pen is missing.
And there it is, how to torture your husband with nothing but ingenuity and a pen. Do you have any
fun ways to torture your spouse activities/traditions you save for rainy days?